Here are a few answers to some common questions from our Kickstarter backers.
Important: Please (please) be sure to add our domain to your safe senders list on your e-mail client and check the Kickstarter project page frequently!
Please enable pop-ups on your browser for this page
Q: When will I receive my Sprite?
- A: Please login to Kickstarter and review the latest Updates for the most up-to-date information.
Q: When I log in to my account on the Ascent AeroSystems website I don't see the Sprite that I pledged in my order history. Why not?
- A: You may remember from our November 29th email that when we transitioned over to the new website platform we weren’t able to include your existing order history. We’re using a platform called Shopify, which is one of the most respected and well-supported anywhere, but unfortunately there’s no ability to import any previous order history.
- That’s now changing, gradually. As new Sprites are built we assign serial numbers to backers and customers, and at that time we create a new order in your account for a complete Sprite package and all of the upgrades you’ve ordered to date. We mark it as “paid”, and that essentially brings your account history up to date.
Q: How do I find out my backer number?
- A: Please login to Kickstarter and read Update #79 for a step-by-step guide.
Q: I don't remember what upgrades I've ordered up to this point. How do I find out?
- A: Please review Update #79 and scroll down to the section "How to Verify Your Kickstarter Reward and Accessory Orders"
Q: My status on the latest production update is red or yellow. What does this mean?
- A: A red or yellow status means that we need information from you before we can ship your Sprite. Please review Update #78 for details.
Q: My shipping address has changed. What do I do?
- A: Please update your address on Kickstarter and send us an e-mail with your name, Backer number and the new address. Please put "Kickstarter backer address change" in the subject line.
Q: What is the 3-axis gimbal and how do I upgrade to get it?
- A: During the Kickstarter campaign we committed to a 2-axis gimbal that provides camera stability in the pitch and roll axes. We're offering backers the opportunity to exchange the 2-axis for a 3-axis model, which adds stability in the yaw (think "head shake") axis as well. It's highly recommended to enable the smoothest possible video footage. The upgrade is $69, and getting it is as simple as logging on to your account (right here on our website) and adding it to you shopping cart. Check out as you would any other transaction.
Q: What should I do if I don't want the 3-axis gimbal upgrade?
- A: Just send us an email with "3-axis gimbal upgrade option declined" in the subject line.
Q: How do I download the latest Operating Guide?
- A: It's a free download in the online web store. Please review Update #77 for a step-by-step guide.
These FAQs were last updated on April 23, 2017