Rugged & dependable
Engineered to last
A tool, not a toy.
Welcome to the portable, durable future of small unmanned aerial vehicles.
Sprite. The world's most portable and rugged unmanned aerial vehicle.
New Production Run Scheduled
Syracuse, New York. April 17, 2017. Ascent AeroSystems is pleased to announce that the next production run of Sprites is now being scheduled.
Preorders for this limited production run will be accepted beginning
at 12:01AM EDT on April 29, 2017.
- Please note that the number of Sprites will be extremely limited
- Sprites will be available only on our website, on a first-come, first-served basis
- The guaranteed delivery schedule will be provided at least 48 hours before the preorder window opens
- An account will be necessary to check out. If you don’t already have an account, please set one up as soon as you can to make the checkout process as quick as possible. Click here to do that.
- Two flight control methods: conventional real-time controller or fully autonomous GPS navigation
- Full-function autopilot, including waypoint navigation, survey, circle, region of interest, "follow me", and return to home modes
- Real-time telemetry
- First-Person-View (FPV) ready
- Fully enclosed core, compact, ultra-durable
- Modular design, highly upgradeable
Sprite’s design allows it to easily fit almost anywhere. The rotor blades automatically fold against the side of the airframe, so you can easily slip it into a backpack and carry it with you.
With no protruding motor arms, no exposed delicate electronics or rigid propellers, Sprite™ is rugged. It's tough polycarbonate construction can take a beating, and critical components are sealed inside so sensitive parts don't get wet.
Sprite’s modular design makes it easy to upgrade and attach new payload modules as new technologies become available. Most parts can be changed quickly with no tools, making field operations easier.
Sprite™ supports nearly all of the features of the opensource Mission Planner, DroidPlanner™ and Tower™ flight control software. These features include waypoint navigation, follow me, circle, return-to-home and structure scanning. They are available for free for PC and the Android™ (Sorry, iOS support not available).