Rugged & dependable
Engineered to last
A tool, not a toy.
Welcome to the portable, durable future of small unmanned aerial vehicles.
Sprite. The world's most portable and rugged unmanned aerial vehicle.
The First Production Sprites Have Shipped!
Tempe, Arizona. December 2016. Ascent AeroSystems is pleased to announce that initial shipments of Sprite production units have begun to members of the Kickstarter community. Feedback to date has been excellent:
- " I have been really surprised at how responsive Sprite #1 is. The physical build quality has been great...it has exceeded my expectations and well worth the wait."
- "...put me first in line for Sprite Gen2 (although, I'm not sure there's much to be changed). It really is an excellent product."
Sprite is currently being built in small blocks, and it will still be a few weeks before all component inventory is available and the full production rate is reached. Throughout much of 2017 Sprite will remain a "build-to-order" system, and lead times will likely be several months.
More details will be available as the backlog of vehicles destined for Kickstarter backers and existing preorder customers is cleared. We expect to open a new block of delivery positions in late January, so for the latest updates please join our mailing list and follow us on social media!
Whether you’re an active outdoor enthusiast, a serious professional photographer or a commercial operator who just needs to get the job done, Sprite™ is as portable and rugged as you are.
- Two flight control methods: conventional real-time controller or fully autonomous GPS navigation
- Full-function autopilot, including waypoint navigation, survey, circle, region of interest, "follow me", and return to home modes
- Real-time telemetry
- First-Person-View (FPV) ready
- Fully enclosed core, compact, ultra-durable
- Modular design, highly upgradeable
Sprite’s design allows it to easily fit almost anywhere. The rotor blades automatically fold against the side of the airframe, so you can easily slip it into a backpack and carry it with you.
With no protruding motor arms, no exposed delicate electronics or rigid propellers, Sprite™ is rugged. It's tough polycarbonate construction can take a beating, and critical components are sealed inside so sensitive parts don't get wet.
Sprite’s modular design makes it easy to upgrade and attach new payload modules as new technologies become available. Most parts can be changed quickly with no tools, making field operations easier.
Sprite™ supports nearly all of the features of the opensource Mission Planner, DroidPlanner™ and Tower™ flight control software. These features include waypoint navigation, follow me, circle, return-to-home and structure scanning. They are available for free for PC and the Android™ (Sorry, iOS support not available).